Mr George Gueorguiev was appointed as the new principal in 2018. The vision for the school includes academic excellence and leadership while maintaining its community character.
In January 2008, the beginning of the schools 100th year, Mr Bevil Velensky was appointed the new principal. The school still has approximately 200 learners and has retained its character of a small family orientated community school.
Mr Adriaan de Waal, was appointed principal in January 1997, when the school was further developed by the addition of the school community hall, new classrooms and various other additions.
In July 1982, Benjamin Petrus Coetzee was appointed as principal. There were now only 32 pupils and 3 staff members at the school. It was during this time that a lot of improvements were made to the school. By September 1996 when Mr Coetzee retired form teaching, there were 208 pupils, 9 teachers, a secretary … Read More
School uniforms were introduced in the 1970’s. The first batches of uniforms were surplus from Fish Hoek Primary and the dresses cost R4. The first sports day was held in 1970 down at the grassy bank of the Kom, after which Mr Brocker (Isola’s husband) set up a proper athletics track. Over the years he … Read More
Isola Brocker was school secretary from 1968 to 1979 and recalls that when she started, there were 28 children at the school, the principal and 3 teachers and that as the community grew so did the school. There were no school fees and Isola recalls that the ladies were as enthusiastic about fundraising then as … Read More
It was in 1960 when Mr Willem Thiart was principal that the pupils were transferred from Imhoff’s Gift School or Old Slangkop School to our present-day premises in Kommetjie itself. In 1964 Mr Thiart retired and was succeeded by Mr Hannes van Deventer until June 1982.
In 1938, the first male principal, William van der Poll, was appointed. By this time, the enrolments and staff at Imhoff’s Gift School had grown steadily.
Later on, Leone de Brehem became principal and in 1933, the school staff doubled to two, with the appointment of an assistant. In 1938, the first male principal, William van der Poll, was appointed. By this time, the enrolments and staff at Imhoff’s Gift School had grown steadily.
In 1922 a building was completed across the road from Imhoff’s Gift, when Miss O’Kennedy took charge