Slangkop Public School opened its doors on the 10 March 1908 to eleven pupils under the care of Alice Seabrook, the school is now known as Kommetjie Primary, and has around 200 pupils under the care of Mr Bevil Velensky. A brief history of the road from then till now is described below.

In those old Cape Colony days, it was a farm school, which was accommodated somewhere on the premises of the old Imhoff’s Gift Farm.